Last updated [July 1, 2021]
Estée Club Loyalty Program:
Terms and Conditions of Participation
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN ESTEE LAUDER THE ESTEE E-LIST LOYALTY PROGRAM CAREFULLY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROGRAM, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS DESCRIBED HEREIN AND ALL TERMS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM.
- Membership Eligibility and Overview
- The Estée Club HK Loyalty Program (“Program”) is offered at the sole discretion of Estée Lauder Hong Kong operated by Estée Lauder (Hong Kong) Limited (“Estée Lauder,” “we,” “our” or “us”). The Program is available to individuals for their personal use only and is limited to one account per individual. Corporations, associations or other groups may not participate in the Program. Individuals who are at least 18 years or older are eligible to become members. The Program may not be used for any business or commercial purpose and we may refuse to create an account for any reason. Employees of the Estée Lauder companies and employees and individuals employed by our business partners or vendors are eligible for membership for personal use only but may be excluded from certain benefits of the Program.
- Program Enrollment
- Eligible individuals may enroll in the Program through one of the following options:
- Visit www.esteelauder.com.hk (“Site”) and following the Program prompts to register for the Program.
- Visit any freestanding store* or department store counter** operated by Estée Lauder in Hong Kong and Macau (collectively “Stores”, and each a “Store”) and tell a store associate you would like to register for the Program.
- You are required to provide your first name, last name, mobile phone number, email address, location and month of birth in order to enroll in the Program. If you enroll at the Site, you must also create a password in order to enroll. You may also have the opportunity to provide us with your preferred salutation, date of birth and age group, but this information is optional. You are solely responsible for maintaining the accuracy of your account information and for updating it as required. You may update your personal information on the Site.
- Only one Program account may be associated with a single email address. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the member enrolled in the Program membership account, the member will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of enrollment. For purposes of these Terms, the "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to the submitted email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- How the Program Works
- The Program is a way in which we reward and thank our loyal customers for purchasing our products and for participating in certain brand experiences. You are able to earn points and reach Program loyalty tiers by making eligible purchases or taking certain other Program actions. Once you earn points and reach a certain loyalty tier, you may be eligible for certain benefits and rewards applicable to that tier, which benefits may change from time to time and may be offered on a limited basis. Eligible purchases and other opportunities to earn points and reach Program loyalty tiers will be posted on the Site or may be published through other media (e.g., in marketing communications, social media, etc.). Visit our FAQs to learn more about earning points and reaching the Program loyalty tiers.
- The Program is a tier-based program determined by the qualifying spend within a single year on eligible purchases and through qualifying activities, beginning on the date when you enroll. There are 3 tiers with associated benefits:
Level 1, Blue 0 – $5,449 Level 2, Gold $5,500 – $11,999 Level 3,Diamond $12,000+
When you join, you’ll automatically be placed in Level 1, Blue and be eligible for all the benefits Level 1 members receive. Once you spend at least $5,500 in your first year, you’ll be automatically moved up to Level 2, Gold. If you spend $12,000 or more in your first year, you’ll qualify for Level 3, Diamond.
Your status in a particular tier is good for the remainder of the year in which you qualify for that tier and the following full year. After that, you’ll need to spend enough to qualify for that tier each year. For example, if you qualify for Level 2, Gold, during your first year, you’ll maintain Gold status during your second year. But, if you spend less than $5,500 on eligible purchases during your second year, you’ll drop back down to Level 1, Blue status on your second anniversary date.
- For your purchase to qualify for the Program, you must be enrolled in the Program and either (1) be signed into your online account at the time of purchase; or (2) provide your Program member identifying information (e.g. name, registered email address and/or phone number you registered under the Program) to a store associate in a Store at the time of purchase. However, if your membership in the Program is terminated for any reason and you enroll in a new Program account, any purchases made prior to the date you enroll in a new Program account do not qualify for points. Members receive 1 point for every HKD 1 spent on eligible purchases at the Site or in a Store. Eligible purchases include regular priced merchandise and exclude facial services / packages, redemption items, samples and gifts with purchases, shopping bags, global sets, sales tax, state fees, discounts, shipping and delivery charges, and/or other ad hoc promotions and excluded charges specified by us from time-to-time. All points earned from purchases on the Site are pending until your order ships, at which point they are fully matured and capable of redemption. It may take up to 24-48 hours from the time your order ships for points to appear in your account.
- In addition to these purchases, you may also earn points for the following actions on the Site. To earn points, please check to make sure you are a Program member and you have logged into your account before completing the actions below. The number of points, if any, awarded for each action is determined by Estée Lauder in its sole but reasonable discretion.
- Writing product reviews that get published (only at www.esteelauder.com.hk and at a maximum of once per quarter; to earn points, you must be logged in to your Program account to gain points)
- Earn bonus points for purchases made within the 30 days after your anniversary date
- Earn bonus points in your birthday month for your first purchase (for Blue tier members) or all purchases (for Gold and Diamond tier members) made
- Earn bonus points for purchases made during Bonus Points Events.
- Purchases made outside of Hong Kong and Macau are not eligible for the Program.
- Points are valid for one year from your Program "anniversary date." This is the anniversary of the date you enrolled in the Program and occurs on a 12-month cycle. On your anniversary date each year, your points reset to zero and you start accumulating new points benefits and unlocking new rewards. For those of you who enrolled in “Estée Club” prior to 26 April 2022, you are automatically enrolled in the Program and your point balance from the old program is also migrated to the Program. The cut-off date of such point balance shall remain as 30 June 2022 according to the previous “Estée Club” terms and conditions prior to the Program launch. Thereafter, your anniversary date under the Program shall be 1 July each year.
- Program Benefits and Rewards
- As a member, you earn points that determine your points benefits plus tier levels and tier benefits. To redeem offers and rewards, you must have accumulated the minimum number of points as established by us for a particular benefit. Product rewards and samples are shipped with product purchases or at a delivery cost on the Site only, or redeemable in-Store. Points may never be exchanged for cash. You must be logged in to your Program account on the Site or provide your Program member identifying information (e.g. name, registered email address and/or phone number) to a store associate in a Store to use your benefits. You will find your eligible offers and rewards (with offer codes if applicable) listed in your personal account. Qualifying members will receive email invitations when event rewards are available if they have not opted-out of receiving Program emails.
- Points Benefits: Starting at 2,000 points, you are eligible to redeem some or all of these points for product rewards of certain retail value. Please login to your Program account or visit our Stores to see the latest reward offerings. Reward offerings are subject to availability. These rewards are based on the number of points you have accumulated in a single year as listed below. Once you have redeemed your points reward, your points balance will be reduced by the applicable points value for that reward. You must redeem your unlocked rewards prior to your anniversary date, or the available rewards will expire. On your anniversary date, your points reset to zero and you start accumulating new points and unlocking new rewards.
- Tier Benefits: Certain benefits are based on tier level achieved and you are eligible for these benefits while you are in that tier regardless of the number of points you currently have. Tier benefits can be redeemed on the Site or in Stores, depending on the benefit. On your anniversary date, even though your points reset to zero, your initial tier status for the year is determined by the number of points earned in the prior year.
- Level 1, Blue: 0-$5,499
- Welcome Gift* (Online with purchase; Offline with or without purchase, valid once per lifetime)
- Free Standard Shipping and Free Returns (Only for online orders over HKD 500)
- Level 2, Gold: $5,500-$11,999
- All Level 1 Benefits
- Tier Upgrade Gift (Online with purchase, offline with/without purchase; one time upon tier upgrade)
- Birthday Gift**
- Free Standard Shipping and Free Returns (with no threshold on purchase value)
- Early pre-order for limited edition products
- Level 3, Diamond: $12,000 and above
- All Level 1 and Level 2 benefits
- Surprise and delights
- Special VIP Private Events
- Level 1, Blue: 0-$5,499
- *Dis-enrolling and re-enrolling does not qualify you for an additional use, this is exclusive one-time use.
**During the month of your birthday, you can redeem your Birthday Gift on the Site with a purchase and by providing your offer code, which will be visible within your account profile if you have provided your birth date. You can also redeem your Birthday Gift in any Store. You must be logged into your Program account on the Site or provide your Program member identifying information (e.g. name, registered email address and/or phone number) to a store associate in a Store to redeem your Birthday Gift. There is a limit of one Birthday Gift per member per year, and Birthday Gifts cannot be transferred, delayed, exchanged or returned. Birthday Gifts cannot be combined with any Program discount offers or product rewards or with other Site-wide or in-Store promotional offers (e.g., other discounts, free sample offers, free product offers, etc.).
- Offers and rewards are available while supplies last and substitutions made by us in our sole discretion may occur. If your online order is not completed for any reason, any offers or rewards will be removed from your shopping basket and may no longer be available. You are not required to redeem your accumulated rewards and/or benefits. In the event an offer or reward arrives damaged, you received the wrong one, or one is missing from your order, please contact Customer Service. .
- Neither accounts nor Program rewards, benefits and/or points may be transferred, shared or combined. Only the member paying for the products may accumulate rewards, benefits and/or points. Members will not receive rewards, benefits and/or points on purchases which are reimbursed by corporations or other organizations ineligible to participate in the Program. We reserve the right to monitor the number of accounts per household and refuse, merge or close additional or duplicate accounts at any time. Your account information (including security details) are confidential and should not be shared with any other person.
- Rewards, benefits and points earned through the Program have no cash value, are non-transferable, and you have no property rights in or to rewards or other Program benefits. Purchase balances and/or points credited to your Program account will be decreased or reversed, as applicable, if part or all of a purchase is returned or cancelled or if the credit is obtained through fraudulent or other activity that violates these Terms. The sale, barter, transfer, or assignment of any rewards or benefits offered through the Program, other than by us, is expressly prohibited.
- Rewards cannot be exchanged or returned for points, another product or service or a monetary refund.
- The products and services available through the Program and any samples that we may provide to you are for personal use only. You may not sell or resell any of the products, services, or samples you purchase or otherwise receive from us. We reserve the right, without notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity of any order to be filled and/or any products or services to be provided to you that we believe, in our reasonable sole discretion, may result in the violation of our Terms.
- We are not responsible for rewards, benefits and/or points lost or redeemed due to fraudulent activity by you or any third party.
- We reserve the right in accordance with section 6 below to:
- change Program benefits, how you earn points and reach each Program tier and how we evaluate and reward your eligible purchases and/or other Program activity;
- to place limits on the number of purchases or activities that are eligible for the Program and/or for any given tier, the number or types of rewards or benefits you may receive or earn in any given tier, in a given time period or for the duration of the Program, and/or any combination thereof.
- If you have concerns that a purchase or other activity was not properly applied to your account, you should contact Estée Lauder Customer Service per the contact information in section 11 below. Your email must specify your name and email address associated with the Program, the date of the Program activity, and the issue(s) you encountered. This email must be sent no more than forty-five (45) days after the date the purchase or other Program activity took place. We are not responsible for late notifications after the mentioned timeframe about purchases or other Program activities not being credited to an account.
- Rewards can only be redeemed in Stores operated by Estée Lauder Hong Kong in Hong Kong and Macau, and/or on the Site and only with a product purchase, depending on the reward.
- Program Communications
- 5.1. By enrolling in the Program, you will be automatically subscribed to receive Program-related communications. You will be subscribed to receive marketing communications related to Estée Lauder and the Program, only after you have indicated your consent to receive marketing information and only through the channels to which you have consented.
- Termination and Modification
- We may cancel, modify, restrict or terminate these Terms, our FAQs and/or the Program or any aspect or feature of the Program from time to time, and such changes may affect the value of rewards or benefits already accumulated or earned and/or the ability to redeem accumulated rewards or benefits. We will use reasonable endeavours to provide advance notice to you of any material changes to or the cancellation, modification or restriction of these Terms, our FAQs and/or the Program in writing or by posting it on the Site or our other channels. You should review these Terms and the FAQs frequently to understand the terms and conditions that apply to the Program. The date of the latest update to these Terms and the FAQs will be stated clearly on the Site and the changes made by that update will only apply from the specified date. If you disagree with any changes to these Terms, our FAQs and/or the Program, you may cancel your membership in accordance with section 6.3.
- We reserve the right to exclude you from or to discontinue your participation in the Program and to audit your membership account at any time, in our sole reasonable discretion. Any suspected abuse of the Program, failure to follow any Terms, illegal activity, fraud, misrepresentation or other conduct which we consider (acting reasonably) to be inconsistent with these Terms and/or detrimental to us or our interests, including without limitation, any suspected illegal, fraudulent other unauthorized use of any Program rewards, points, cards, credits, vouchers, coupons and/or certificates, may result in the revocation of your membership and make you ineligible for further participation in the Program. If your membership is revoked, any rewards or benefits in your account will automatically expire and your access to the Program and features will automatically terminate. If we suspect illegal activity, fraud, misrepresentation, abuse or violation of these Terms, we also have the right to take appropriate legal action, in our sole discretion.
- If you decide you no longer want to be a part of the Program, you may cancel your membership at any time by contacting Customer Service per the contact information in section 11 below. If you cancel your membership, you will lose all accumulated points, benefits and tier status.
- Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
- TO THE MAXMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER ESTEE LAUDER NOR OUR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY OR IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) FOR ANY (a) INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; (b) ACCESS DELAYS OR ACCESS INTERRUPTIONS TO THE PROGRAM; (c) DATA NON-DELIVERY, LOSS, THEFT, MISDELIVERY, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION OR OTHER MODIFICATION; (d) LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY SORT INCURRED AS A RESULT OF DEALINGS WITH OR THE PRESENCE OF THIRD PARTY LINKS ON THE SITE OR USE OF ANY REWARD OR BENEFIT OF THE PROGRAM; (e) COMPUTER VIRUSES, SYSTEM FAILURES OR MALFUNCTIONS WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING DURING HYPERLINK TO OR FROM THIRD PARTY WEBSITES; (f) ANY INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS IN PROGRAM CONTENT; OR (g) EVENTS BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED.
- FURTHER NEITHER ESTEE LAUDER NOR OUR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS) RELATED TO THE PROGRAM OR AND YOUR PARTICIPATION THEREIN, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY OR IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY EXCEED ONE THOUSAND HONG KONG DOLLARS (HKD1000.00).
- TO THE MAXMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE THAT NO CLAIMS OR ACTION IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY OR IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATED TO, YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM, USE OF ANY REWARDS OR OTHER BENEFIT OR THESE TERMS MAY BE BROUGHT BY YOU MORE THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION RELATING TO SUCH CLAIM OR ACTION AROSE.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us, our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, licensors, officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless for any loss, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any third party claim, action, or demand resulting from your participation in the Program in violation of any law, rule, regulation or these Terms.
- Governing Law and Disputes
This Program and these Terms will be governed by and construed under the substantive laws of Hong Kong, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
The personal information collected from you in connection with the Program, including but not limited to purchases made in connection with your Program membership, will be used and disclosed by us in accordance with the Estée Lauder Privacy.Without limiting the foregoing, we will use and retain your personal information to (1) provide goods and services to you, such as servicing and maintaining your Program membership with us; (2) protect against deceptive and fraudulent activity; (3) enable internal uses that are consistent with our Estée Lauder Privacyand (4) comply with a legal obligation.
- Contact Us
For information about the Program and your membership, contact Customer Service by calling +852 31014915 or via email at email@example.com. We are not responsible for requests or correspondence lost or delayed in the mail or over the Internet. You may also find answers from helpful frequently answered questions in our FAQs.
If part or all of any clause of these Terms is unenforceable, it will be severed, and the remainder of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.